Sometimes this is the best part of my day. It was definitely a high point today. Berkley woke up at 6 am and soon after Braelyn pop out of her room. I figured with such an early start I had guaranteed nap time from both of them. It didn't go that way, Berkley didn't nap at all and by dinnertime we were all ready for some shut eye. Braelyn has also began to wake us every night with terrified screams that a wolf is coming out of her Christmas tree and making funny faces at her. We tried talking about nice monsters, we tried wolf spray, we told her she could say a prayer to not be scared, and one night I even pulled her blankets to our floor. Since the scary things seem to come from the tree we threatened that if she woke us again that would be the last of her tree and last night we were successful. I'm hoping for the same tonight but if not then I am giving away a wolf producing pink decorated Christmas tree.



It is strange how different both of my children's sleep habits are, and since my day revolved around sleeping, I decided to write it all down. Braelyn has always been a terrible sleeper. She was so difficult to get into bed. We rocked her for hours until I had run out of every song I knew and would have to start making some up. We would have to sneak quietly away from her crib and there were many times, just as the door was closing, you hear that dreaded scream and have to start all over. She has always been a morning person and always wakes up early. She stopped napping around her 1st birthday but would usually fall right to sleep in the car. She never put herself to sleep and was always rocked in someone arms. She does wake up very happy and is ready to play as soon as she is up. Berkley on the other hand did not start sleeping through the night until she was 10 months old, but she cannot fall asleep anywhere but her crib. She can't settle down in her car seat unless she is exhausted (yes both pics of her sleeping she is not in her crib, I promise that is a fluke!), and I can count on one hand the number of times I have held her until she is zonked. As soon as we can tell she is getting sleepy we lay her in her crib with her snuggle bunny, binky and the same blanket. She puts her self right to sleep and usually we don't hear a peep for about 12 hours. She is a light sleeper and she has to have all her comfort items but it is so nice to be able to just say good-night and walk out with no fuss. Berkley is absolutely not a morning person, in fact I don't know how she and I get anything done because I am just as grumpy in the morning. Kevin is so scared of her in the morning he doesn't usually dare change her diaper until she has had breakfast. I manage to get the diaper off but if we don't instantly stand up and go to the pantry for food she turns mean. She then gets a snack because she will not be hungry while I fix breakfast. And some days she still takes two naps.
But even if we have the most terrible day of our lives as soon as I see those sweet faces peacefully sleeping I know I wouldn't trade it for anything. Now it is time for me to go to bed, I sure hope I stay there until sunrise this time!
i am all about sleep!!!!!!!!!!!! Bed time for the kids is 7:30 and then Sam goes to bed at 8:45. SO, why am I up so late at night....because its so quiet!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of them sleeping. I think as a parent we usually take pictures of the 'not so common' sleeping times/places.
I really cant tell who is who in the last pictures. My guess is Brea, then Berk?