Thursday, April 1, 2010

Savannah


Kevin had some work to do at a company in Savannah so we took advantage of the opportunity to get out of town for a night. After he was done with meetings and work we went to River Street. We always have to stop and watch the big ships come down the river and stroll through the open air markets. It had just gotten warm enough to really enjoy being outside. The mall in Savannah has a little play place with lots of things to climb on and go under and Braelyn always asks if we can go so we also took the girls there. We had dinner at Five Guys Burgers and I was left very underwhelmed. It was like walking into an industrial plant and the burger was nothing special but cost me $5. I enjoyed the lunch at Arby's with coupons the next day much more. We got settled into the hotel (after some room switching and crib drama!) and I let the girls eat chocolate ice cream in bed much to Kevin's dismay. It took some work to get Berkley to go to sleep but we were able to sleep in and enjoy the hotel breakfast (except Kevin, he had to work at 5:30am) After packing up we got to go enjoy the beach. It still excites me that we get to live so close to the ocean, I really love Tybee island, I think it is just beautiful. It was chilly and we didn't have swimsuits but that didn't stop Braelyn from getting soaked in the waves. Berkley still hates getting sand on her feet, so she sat on my lap for most of the time. Being out got us so excited for spring!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds fun. Someday we will come and enjoy Savanah. Maybe after all the weddings and missions then we can come and relax. We will have to take Berkley to the lake this summer and see if she hates the sand there. Glad you got to have a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fun! Glad you got to get away for a night as a family :) I am jealous you live by the beach..lucky!

    ReplyDelete