Saturday, September 13, 2008

Braelynisms









Braelyn says and does things that crack us up everyday. Here are a few of our favorites this summer. . .
-When she was potty training, every time she would toot, we would take her to the potty, so when she was visiting family, she heard a grown-up and toot, and took their hand and took them to the potty, and made them have a seat.
-She is really stuck to her routine and one morning when she was going to someone elses house to be baby-sat, I said in the prayer, "Bless Brae to be nice at Nanas" and she said, "No Munga's."(which is what she calls my mom) I stopped praying and said, not today, today you are going to Nana's. She scooted across the floor, keeping her arms folded, and got right in my face and growled, "No. Munga's."
-Took her to the McDonald's drive-thru, and while we were waiting for our food she told me her tummy hurt. I asked her waht would make it feel better, and she said, "Fries make my tummey feel better."
-Told me she hurt her finger. Me: "Are you ok?" Brae: "No Mom I not okay?" Me: "Are you going to make it?" Brae: "Yeah, I'm a tough girl."
-Made Berkley laugh and said, "Bookley, I luv you. You my best friend."
- I told her one morning that her face was dirty. She went and found a washcloth and cleaned her face all by herself, then she came and told me, "I clean my face and cheeks and chin. Brae do it by hers-self. Make Mom so happy!"
-One afternoon I was trying to get us ready to go out. I buckled Berkley into her car seat while Brae watched TV, then ran up stairs to grab a blanket and burp rag. As I was walking back downstairs the phone rang, so I went to grab it and noticed the trail of clothes and panties from the living room. I checked caller ID and saw it was the neighbors across the street. Any guesses on the outcome of this? I opened the front door to find my two year old smelling flowers wearing just her birthday suit and smile. The phone stopped ringing.
-She loves to call people, so she called her Aunt Ashley one night, but didn't get an answer. So then she called Taryn, and when Taryn answered she asked if Ashley was home. After she hung up with Taryn Ashley called her back, and she started crying when she answered and it wasn't Taryn.
-I was vacuuming downstairs and when I turned the vacuum off. I could hear this monotone voice saying something over and over from upstairs, and when I stopped to listen I could hear, "needtopoopneedtopoopneedtopoop"
-We were crossing a parking lot, and our rule is she has to hold our hand when we are on asphalt. She didn't want to hold my hand, and I reminded her of the rule, so she grabbed a hold of her own hand with the other hand, and said, "I am holding a hand." How could I argue that?
-Munga turned on a TV show for her on her bed, and when she came back up to check on her she was standing there stark naked (notice a trend), and Braelyn happily announced, "I'm supernaked!"
-We took her to the playground and I asked her if she wanted me to play with her. Brae: "Yes momma." Kevin: "Hey what about me?" Me: "Can Dad come play too?" Brae: "No, dad's too fat."
-I took her shopping while Kevin stayed home with Berkley. When we were walking in she grabbed my hand and held it to her face, then looked at me and said, "Mom, you my favorite."

Oh, could have melted me right there! Out of the mouths of babes, we never know what she will come up with next.

1 comment:

  1. Heather your girls are growing up so fast! I can hardly believe it. It was good to read a bit about your family and I hope everything is going wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete