We went to the Thanksgiving Point farm for the newborns birthday party. We had been looking forward to it all week, so even thought the weather didn't look great we loaded up, and as an afterthought on the way out the door I decided to grab coats and hats, and I was so glad I did because it was freezing! We walked out the door and Braelyn saw some caked mud and hay and started gagging. Kevin immediately knew what was happening because he had taken the girls to the zoo a few weeks earlier and she had puked when she saw something dried on the concrete. He made her lean away from the stroller and she promptly threw up the lunch we had just had on the way, right in the entrance. I took her into the bathroom to clean up and she didn't want to go back outside because she thought the mud was poop. (She also gags when I change Berkley's diaper.) After a long explanation that it was just hay and mud she agreed to go outside but I had to keep up from looking down because she kept gagging.
They had the baby animals out and we stopped to see a calf. Berkley loved it and would have let it eat her hand. The calf really liked Kevin's leather gloves and shoes and kept licking them. When we stopped and pet the big cow, Braelyn got so upset because her hand got dirty. Berkley seemed to like everything and while we watching the goats she grabbed the cage and pulled herself out of the stroller to get a better look. When we were at the lamb pen both girls were standing at the cage when the lamb bawled out as loud as could be, Braelyn jumped back and fell on her backside and Berkley just stood there then hollered back at the lamb. I'm glad she will be there to protect Braelyn. We ended the day going on a hay ride and while we rode the rain started pelting down, so we ducked into the building for birthday cake and then called it a day.
Isnt it so interesting how different kids are even when they grow up in the same house....so crazy the personalities!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny that Braelyn gags about pooh!
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to take the kids to do that.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys had a great time. It is simply amazing to me that our kids are hard-wired with such strong and different personalities. I love how Berk is so laid-back and game for anything. Braelyn is a doll. I've never know a child to have such a strong gag reflex. You are in trouble.
I can't believe how big Berkley is! You have such a cute family, Heather and Kevin. How fun.
ReplyDelete