Monday, August 31, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

We got to go through another temple open house this summer. I think it is fun to take Braelyn though and show her all the beautiful places inside. She kept asking in every room if it was where you get married? I try to point out the pictures and things she will recognize like the baptismal font, but I she mostly just likes to run from room to room. She does talk about when she will get married there, and she she still thinks Elder Greg lives with Jesus at the temple, and I just want her to associate temples with happiness at this young age.

It was a very hot day, and some people Rachael had invited were late so we had to sit in the tents for a long time. We finally just started pouring ice water on the girls so they wouldn't overheat. They show a great video before and I learned some new things. I love hearing the apostles speak about their families and being together forever, it brings such solace to me.

Kevin's cousin Sarah was with us, and she was recently diagnosed with cancer and has been through some very difficult treatments, but she is one of the most positive people I know. She always wants to know what the girls have been up to, and she was willing to let Braelyn ride with her on the wheelchair. Braelyn had insisted on bringing her doll, and there were lots and lots of stairs so we were so grateful we didn't have to carry her.

I thought the inside of this temple was beautiful, I love to see how each one is decorated and this one used a lot of crystal chandeliers, and they had paintings of quakees which are my favorite trees. It was a great family activity and both the girls were worn out and napped on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment