Monday, October 26, 2009
Dress-up Wedding
The girls and I get pretty bored around here and one night we decided to have ourselves a wedding. Braelyn loves to dress-up as a bride so Berkley and I decided to get in on the action. We got the wedding music set, put down an ailse for the bride to walk down, had bouquets for the ladies, and even had a groom (my unsuspecting monkey puppet.) I decided to go with a traditional ceremony and grabbed the closest book we had around for my preacher prop, which happened to be our Bible. We got Berkley dressed up and she walked down the aisle first with her flowers and then Braelyn marched down. I stopped laughing long enough to come up with a very romantic wedding speech but I lost all composure when Braelyn turned and layed a huge smacker right on the puppet! I have no idea where kid's pick up on these things but she knew that was what you did at the end of a wedding. We all danced a little then Braelyn decided she wanted to marry me and Berkley. Berkley held my hand and grinned at me while Braelyn told us how beautiful our love was and what a pretty wedding dress Berkley had on. We had a lot of fun pretending and I love when I get to play in their "world" for awhile. We have had a few weddings since, and we always have to have a Bible ready now. And I think Braelyn picked the perfect husband: quiet, stays where you put him, and we can stick him in the closet when we are done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what SO much fun. i would have LOVED being there, I never got a wedding. Super cute pictures, I cant believe how much they have grown since last time we had a BBQ
ReplyDeleteI have the cutest granddaughters in the world. I love Berkley's smile and Braelyn's outfit. She could be an actress, she pretends really well.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute!!! I love reading stuff like this, makes me so excited and thankful that I have a little girl to experience all the girly stuff :)
ReplyDelete