Once we needed to catch our breath, we stopped at the duck trough. They had water pumps and you set up a little rubber duckie and raced everyone as you tried to pump as fast as you can. Braelyn loved this, and Berkley loved trying to drink the murky water from the basin.
After that we gathered around the real race track to watch a pig race. This was so funny, they had the pigs painted with a different color stripe so you all picked one and cheered for your favorite. There was a group of older special needs children watching with us, and they were so excited and loved to cheer so loud, it made for a very exciting race.
We went to visit more animals next at the petting zoo. I had never seen such clean lambs and goats but the farmer claimed he didn't bathe them everyday. He let Braelyn feed the lambs their bottle, then he showed them the baby chicks and let them feel their soft feathers. Then we fed the goats some treats and Braelyn is getting more brave because she didn't even flinch as they ate the feed right from her hand. She was only worried that each of the goats and lambs got a turn and got enough to eat. Berkley enjoyed following the farm cat around, but did not like the noise all the other animals were making.
After we washed up we went to drive the pedal tractors around the track. It was a twisty dirt track and these carts were bigger than I thought the kids could handle but Braelyn got on and pedaled as hard as she could and pretty soon was flying around the track. I tried to drive with Berkley, but was tired after just one lap. Braelyn did 3 whole laps and had a great time "winning the race" as she proudly yelled each time she came around. Berkley was just content to sit on the seat so I didn't have to wear myself out.
We finished by playing on the playground, then singing a few rock star songs on the stage, and each kid got to pick their own little pumpkin. And after a quick stop at McDonalds we were ready to head home. I'm so glad there are some adventurous moms here who get as bored at home as I do and are willing to try something new. It was a great day!
I'm glad Braelyn finally got the hang of steering and riding things. I love
ReplyDeleteBerkley's picture just seating on the sit. Enjoy your nice weather this winter you would not be doing that in Utah.