Hope is a word we can all agree on. What a process we have been through as we have watched our country change before our eyes. I can't say I'm comfortable with the result of our recent election, but I feel the hope that change will bring. To watch record breaking numbers of Americans gather together and partake in a process we have a right to, was history making. We have shown that the young have a voice. We stood as a generation and exclaimed that we cared, and we would not be ignored. We have seen that we have a choice, and that we do count, and that means so much to me. We watched the results on television as we rocked our babies to sleep, and I couldn't help but wonder how this will affect them. It was an unsettling feeling until I realized that the things that are important to me are not affected at the polls. I have my God, my family and my integrity. I will teach my children the blessing that it is to live in this country, that was chosen by God, and set-up by the founding fathers to ultimately send out the word and prepare for Christ's return. He is in control, and He will come again to reign in peace. The leaders of our nation play a vital role in our history, but using politics in anger or slander hurts everyone. There is evil and corruption permeating us from all aspects but it will not come from me or my home because that is still in my control. I realize the sacrifice that has been made by so many to ensure my freedoms, and my patriotism will never be questioned. We now have a new president, and I believe now more than ever we must stand united as Americans, because many are looking to divide us. I am still proud to be an American, and hope that now as a country we will be judged, by the content of our character, and that we as people will not be found wanting.
God bless America, land that I love!
Heather. That was so well written. Thank You for your thoughts. I agree so much with you. I was worried, but I know as long as Im on the right path and my family...things will work out. Not always easy, but it will be alright.
ReplyDelete