Kevin has been begging me every since I can remember to learn to cut his hair. He likes to cut it often but I don't think I can remember a time when he has been really happy with a cut, so I have always resisted. We had so many beauty schools back home that did $3.00 haircuts, that I never figured it would be worth the arguing or stress to learn to do it, but since we moved here he was determined that he would get his haircut at home and I agreed to try. (I have since found out there is a school here that does it for $5.00.) He got home late one night and decided he must have his hair cut that night, and I hadn't had time to at least read how to do it, so he just went at himself, a skill he brought home from his mission. I did help him straighten the back and clean it up a bit. But I also wanted to trim Braelyn's hair. Her ends needed trimmed, so I read lots of how-to's on the internet, made a homemade cape out of newspaper, and we went for it. I started with the thinnest layer I could but I realized it was going to take me forever and she does not sit still well, so I had to speed up a bit. She really was pretty agreeable, especially because Dad was watching football and wouldn't let us change the channel, but she does not have the ability to hold her head straight. I would ask her to look ahead and she would cock her head to one side and raise her shoulder. I would straighten her head and step back and she would do the exact same thing. Kevin even came over to check things out couldn't get her to keep her head straight. It took me about 40 mins, but for the first try I was pretty happy with the result. I trimmed the back and then blended in the layers in the front. The picture looks uneven but she has another layer that is behind her shoulder.
Great job!!! Sam would not let me cut his hair for 3 years of our marrige and i begged every time. He would always have his mom do it, but now...i get to!!!!
ReplyDeleteDont you just feel so...talented when you are done?
Well that is inspiring! Jett needs a haircut so bad, I am lucky my mom does hair and has a beauty salon in her basement:) However, your post made me want to try to do it myself....well now that I typed all that I changed my mind! Lol anyways, you did an awesome job!! You should be proud of yourself!
ReplyDeleteha ha!
ReplyDeleteYou really did do a great job!
ReplyDelete