Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Savannah
After getting very lost while driving again, I came home and in tears told Kevin I had to get a GPS so that I would dare go anywhere here. He agreed and so we headed to do some shopping in the big city! After a long morning at Best Buy and a new found sense of direction we figured we would see some of Savannah. Kevin's parents were with us and recommended we go to River Street. We stopped to have lunch and had to park at the top of a parking garage and I left all the coats, gloves and hats in the car. It was an unseasonably cold weekend, and at 58 degrees, we were freezing! The river and the bridge are beautiful but I was so nervous about the girls being close to the edge. We were able to see the big river boat, and we watched as a huge freight liner came in and the tugboats pulled it in. The street seemed too touristy for me and we were dodging crowds the entire way. I get very nervous and a bit claustrophobic with lots of people so I waited outside while everyone walked around a candy store. It must have been too cold for the street performers because we only saw one, but Kevin had a drunk guy who decided they were friends and wanted to follow him around. After an hour I was frozen to the bone and decided I was ready to get home. I think next time we will get someone from here to show us around, as I'm still looking forward to discovering Savannah's treasures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hurry and get to know the fun things to see so when I come out we can have a fun time there.
ReplyDelete