Friday, November 13, 2009
Soccer mom haircut will not follow.
We added an addition to our family. No I am not pregnant, and to those who know the circumstances of my children, this addition was actually planned and probably better thought out. We got a MINIVAN! I have dreamed of a minivan ever since I had my second child, at which point I was still driving the same car I had in high school (which I still love, and even now hate seeing Kevin drive off in). But I could just imagine how great automatic locks and windows would be. Not having to leave one kid in the parking lot while I buckle the other one in, not having to lean over a back seat to unlock the door, or having to pull over to roll up the window Braelyn unrolled with her foot in a snow storm. I thought it would be wonderful if I could actually fit a stroller in my car, and maybe just maybe, I could drive friends with me when we went somewhere. After begging and cajoling, and more importantly when our other car started shaking, rattling and close to needing a new transmission Kevin agreed we could look again. We went to every dealer from here to South Carolina and spent many afternoons test driving and debating what to choose. I wanted a Chrysler Town & Country because it came with so many bells and whistles and the dealer explained to us that a Dodge was the same thing, you just paid less because of the name, so we decided on a Caravan. They only had a fiery red one at the lot so we nicknamed her "Lola", but I have gotten used to the color and it is very easy to spot in the parking lot. Braelyn's only concern was that there was a TV, and both of the girls love watching movies as we drive. They are both so quiet now in the car, and I don't spend all my time craning to turn around and stop the yelling or handing out snacks and scooping up toys. Braelyn can get in and out all by herself with a push of a button, and every time Berkley sees it open she yells, "Door!" I have hidden storage for all the "stuff" so it always looks clean! I vacuum it out twice a week, and we have washed her after every rainstorm. As we drove off the lot Kevin said, "I never thought I would be the guy driving the van." I replied, "Then move over and let me drive." No I haven't signed Braelyn up for soccer, and I don't wear jeans that go past my belly button but I definitely love driving the Mommy Mobile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm excited for you, I always felt bad that you had to drive your car with the two kids. I'm glad that your keeping it clean. I used to keep my cars really clean, but if you looked today you would be disappointed in me.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, I had a 2 door car until Jett was two and a half. It makes the biggest difference to have a nice automobile that accomodates to your family. And the TV in the car is a blessing!!! It is a huge distraction to a mom's driving when the kids are crying, screaming and needing your attention! It looks really nice, congrats! :)
ReplyDeleteIs this blog title a slide against me?
ReplyDelete