That Saturday was the Cedar Hills celebration, and Kevin had to work that morning, and my family was at the cabin, so I loaded up the girls and headed down myself. We found a great spot on a grassy divide in the middle of the road, and even had some shade to start. Kevin made it just as the parade started, and Braelyn had so much fun grabbing candy and waving to everyone. When the Flash dancers came by she ran out next to them and did a twirl and shake, and cracked everybody up. It was touching to see the missionaries and she grabbed their hand, and I of course thought about Greg, and how much we miss him. The fireworks got canceled because of rain, but we saw them on Monday and it was a great show.
That afternoon it really started raining so Braelyn made Munga go out and play with her. While they were on the sidewalk, we heard a huge crack and flash of lightning and thunder. It turns out that the bolt actually struck our neighbor's house just down the street. But Mom scooped Brae up and ran faster than I had ever seen her move to the porch. In the picture you can see her scared look, but it is funny because Brae thought the whole thing was so much fun, and she just shows exuberant joy and they are running for their lives towards the house! What a difference perspective makes.

I really miss those utah holidays. They are so fun, and I bet even more fun now with a little family!
ReplyDeleteHeather..I am impressed you had a camera ready for such spontaneous shots. Brae is a lucky little girl to have such fun loving grandparents.
ReplyDelete